If you are aren’t one of the few who grind the stems along with the bud then you probably have a good amount of stems lying in and around your stash box. No worries, creative or not here are a four creative ways you can repurpose those stems into something worthwhile, short stems or long stems there’s a step here for everyone.
Tea or chai
My personal favorite. A good marijuana tea is a recommendation from the Rastafarian culture to cure any illness. Some medical benefits to consuming the brew are chronic pain relief and assistance with depression, anxiety, asthma, nausea, autoimmune disorders and headaches/migraines. To make tea or chai from the marijuana stem is quite simple and we’re going to direct you how to in a few simple steps.
1. It’s your decision to grind or to not grind the stems. We would recommend to not grind beforehand for an easier straining process.
2. Boil your water.
3. Once the water is at boiling point, stir in your stems or grounded stem powder. Continue stirring for 8-12 minutes then add your tea bag or loose leaf tea of choice, allow this to steep for the recommended time on the package.
(You can choose to leave the stems in longer before adding the teabag for more potency)
4. Pour the mixture through a strainer and into your cup.
5. Sweeten as desired and enjoy.
1. Grind or not grind your stems. Crush the cardamom, cloves and peppercorns in a bag.
2. Boil your water. If you are choosing to use dairy or non-dairy milk add it to the water before you begin to heat. Add the crushed spices, ginger and, cinnamon sticks.
3. Once the mixture has come to a boil, add your stems and stir for 8-12 minutes or longer depending on the potency level that you want.
4. Remove from the heat, add your black tea bags or loose leaf tea and allow it all to sit and steep for 10 minutes.
5. Sweeten as desired and enjoy.
Cannabis topical creams
Cannabis topical creams have become a favorite amongst smokers and non smokers alike. Here’s a simple DIY on how to make a Cannabis infused topical cream.
1. You’re pre-made cannabis salve, 1 cup aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, 2 tablespoons shea butter or cocoa butter.
2. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly. Add olive oil or almond oil to the mixture if you prefer a smoother consistency.
Marijuana stem kebabs
There are many ways to incorporate some part of the marijuana plant into your dishes, using marijuana stems as kebab skewers is also an option.
Sharpen the end of the stem so that your ingredients of choice can be pierced and rested on the length of the stem, grill or prepare as usual and there you have it. A marijuana stem kebab. It increases flavor and surely adds some THC to the mix.
Cannabis infused candles
Candles are a favored DIY among many, for Christmas give your loved ones a homemade cannabis infused candle.
Here are some steps:
1. Melt the wax over a double boiler and add the stems to the melted wax. Stir and monitor the wax for 15-20 minutes allowing the stems to steep. Add your desired essential oils.
2. Place the wick (hemp wicks are a great choice) in the candle jar and pour the mixture in. You can add flowers or even dried weed to add to the appearance. Allow the wax to completely dry, wrap it and give it.
The marijuana plant is full of potential and each part plays a special role in bringing something to life. Grind and smoke your stems or repurpose them instead of having them lie around and feel sad that they aren’t being used.